Competition opens: October 9th
DEADLINE to submit: November 1st
Voting opens: November 2nd to November 16th at 12:00 p.m.
Winners of the competition will be announced at the Krasl Annual Meeting on Friday, November 17, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
Cost to enter the competition: $25 individual; $50 group/business (teams 4 to 6); Sponsor others making a gnome for $75.
Check out this live interview on WOOD TV8 to learn more.
- Share your artistic interpretation of a Gnome.
- Participants are encouraged to create something that can be on display outdoors on Krasl grounds.
- Indoor gnome pieces should not exceed 2 feet tall/2 feet wide. Outdoor gnome displays are a minimum of 2 feet tall/2 feet wide and must be waterproof for up to two weeks.
- Can be made of any medium. Limited limitations: keep it family-friendly. Use your imagination. Think outside the box.
- All entries must have a name and a title.
- Please provide a fun, brief description of your gnome with each submission (Not to exceed 150 words). Name, email, and phone number are also required.
- All Gnomes must be made and displayed in good taste. Any entrant designing their gnome to cause deliberate offense will be disqualified.
- Krasl will not be responsible for any repairs needed to outdoor gnomes, due to structural complications.
Artists interested in donating their finished product back to Krasl Art Center are welcome to do so. Donated Gnomes will be placed in a Silent Auction that will conclude at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2023 following the Community ⇄ Members’ Show Opening.